Sunday, March 8, 2009

Eek lee-bah deek


So......this will be my first (and according to Gaylene, hopefully not my last) foray into cyberspace. I'm not the type to be on Facebook or answer 20 random questions about me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm avoiding the skeletons in the closet or because I feel that I express myself better in person. However I know this site is important to my wife and by default that makes the site almost equally important to me.

After reading Gaylene's flowing praise and admiration for me, any sort of reply would come across as trite. How can you really capture the amazing, strong, beautiful woman she is in a few paragraphs? I do hope that my love, faith, and regard for her will come across in my posts. She has forever changed my life for the better.

So a few things that Gaylene and all of you might not know:
- I think I am more excited about having this baby then she is.
- As much as I tease her, I love her made up words/phrases and mispronunciations.
- I wish I was half the man she believes I am.
- Sometimes at night I lay awake talking to the baby.
- I am the better cook.
- I have more fun looking at baby clothes.
- Since being pregnant it's been much more emotional to work in the Pediatric ER.
- I miss my afro.

Millions of things to write about but I should save some of the good stuff for other posts.

Gaylene and baby "Eek lee-bah deek!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Dave,

    I don't think I've ever though "Oh wow, it is genetic" more than in reading this post. You'll love having a child - it really is the greatest. (S)he is so fortunate to be coming to such a great couple.

    ReplyDelete