I’ve always been afraid of being anchored down. The idea of being labeled or defined in a few sentences scared me. I felt so much bigger than that and yet had so much more to grow, how could anyone, place or time hold me to a certainty? My marrying Dave relieved my parents, from thinking I would always be a wonderer. I had lived across the country, changed my colleges 4 times and my majors twice as many. My dreams were endless yet a bit directionless too; until I found the perfect belayer, someone to keep me from falling as I reached for my goals. Someone who untangled me from my own life lines yet gave me the slack and freedom to explore. I see more peaks to reach with him around. I see new routes to take as he teaches me new techniques, and he has a lot more gear than me so I can go higher and farther.
Dave’s a straight shooter. I talk in circles. Although both of us seek for adventures he does it a bit more sensibly and I’m all heart. I either make my decisions in a whim or can never quite come to one. He sits right in the middle and this is how he directs me. My D.P. (that was almost the name of this blog site), Dave Pheysey, Doctor Pheysey a Doctor Pepper lover has graduated from college, finished four years of medical school and now almost 2 years of residency. Still he found time in his life to fill a two year mission, travel across the world climbing and scuba diving, and win my heart over. He’s the finisher of goals and I’m the delight along the way.
With my few eclectic experiences and training Dave helps me feel as smart as him. He’s been studying for in-service exam all ER residents take each year. He’ll ask me questions he knows I can reason out.
(Ex) A 16 yr old girl is found unconscious underwater in a swimming pool. She is intubated at the scene. On arrival she is unresponsive with spontaneous abdominal breathing at a rate of 16; blood pressure is 80/50, and pulse rate is 48. In addition to hypoxemia, what condition must be considered earliest in the management of the patient?
A. cervical spine injury
B. electrolyte imbalance
C. metabolic acidosis
D. severe atelectasis
E. toxic ingestion
And skip over a hundred of these types:
Which of the following statements regarding atrioventricular dissociation is correct?
A. may be Mobitz type I or Mobitz type II
B. occurs when every ventricular beat originates below the atria
C. responds well to atropine if the block is below the atrioventricular node
D. responds well to digoxin if the block is above the atrioventricular node
E. synonymous with third-degree heart block
All I can say about the 2nd question is that I can pronounce the words, yeah, and I think it has something to do with looking at an ECG? For those who want to know, the answers are A and B accordingly.
Anyways I love my DP! I’m sure we both feel a bit kedged right now with residency and who knows how a baby fits in with that but here we go!
Dave’s a straight shooter. I talk in circles. Although both of us seek for adventures he does it a bit more sensibly and I’m all heart. I either make my decisions in a whim or can never quite come to one. He sits right in the middle and this is how he directs me. My D.P. (that was almost the name of this blog site), Dave Pheysey, Doctor Pheysey a Doctor Pepper lover has graduated from college, finished four years of medical school and now almost 2 years of residency. Still he found time in his life to fill a two year mission, travel across the world climbing and scuba diving, and win my heart over. He’s the finisher of goals and I’m the delight along the way.
With my few eclectic experiences and training Dave helps me feel as smart as him. He’s been studying for in-service exam all ER residents take each year. He’ll ask me questions he knows I can reason out.
(Ex) A 16 yr old girl is found unconscious underwater in a swimming pool. She is intubated at the scene. On arrival she is unresponsive with spontaneous abdominal breathing at a rate of 16; blood pressure is 80/50, and pulse rate is 48. In addition to hypoxemia, what condition must be considered earliest in the management of the patient?
A. cervical spine injury
B. electrolyte imbalance
C. metabolic acidosis
D. severe atelectasis
E. toxic ingestion
And skip over a hundred of these types:
Which of the following statements regarding atrioventricular dissociation is correct?
A. may be Mobitz type I or Mobitz type II
B. occurs when every ventricular beat originates below the atria
C. responds well to atropine if the block is below the atrioventricular node
D. responds well to digoxin if the block is above the atrioventricular node
E. synonymous with third-degree heart block
All I can say about the 2nd question is that I can pronounce the words, yeah, and I think it has something to do with looking at an ECG? For those who want to know, the answers are A and B accordingly.
Anyways I love my DP! I’m sure we both feel a bit kedged right now with residency and who knows how a baby fits in with that but here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment