Thursday, July 2, 2009

Isn't it Grand!?


So didn't you notice? Our blog is wider. I had to fit this wide video on it and I really didn't like the margins of the old layout anyway. I stole this video from my cousin's blog. This is an arrangement made by one of his neighbors, Jon Schmidt, the one on the piano. Please pay attention to him at the 3min 28sec mark until he transitions into the Cold Play song. I LOVE how passionate he gets. I want to be that passionate and talented too. (I'll share my woeful efforts and my lack of self discipline in the next blog). You can really tell how much he enjoys what he does. It gets me excited and makes me smile. When people are excited about something I can't help but get excited too. It's why I love going to watch sports. Never on my own do I care much about any particular team or person but when a big game comes I'm jumping off the couch just as much as a long time loyal fan.

When Dave's working nights I try staying up late watching mostly news which can be depressing, but a week ago Detroit had their firework show so I watched that. Watching from a TV may not be quite the same as having the brillant lights cascade over you but I got that same excitement during the fireworks as I did with the music. Firework shows can make me cry. Not because they are fascinating (most glittery lights and shiny things catch my eyes) but because I think about all the work put into them. How we are given this beautiful display and it draws people and families together...a whole city together to just be awed. That's the grand exciting part!

Here's a picture of Detroit all lit up. Many happy 4th of July's and much celebrations to all especially my dad..Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. THANKS, that was so much fun. Andie and I loved it. Matt loves to play Jon Schmidt music, partly because it is so much fun and partly because it drives Andie nuts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that song! Jon is an amazing talent! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete