Saturday, November 7, 2009

"A ripple of sound ran down the hall, indistinct, derisive, and one girl, ruddy as a pomagrante, called out in a big voice..."

--The Good Earth

My favorite time to talk is right when my head hits my pillow. Dave is used to this now and attempts to bring me to bed early for my nightly ritual. Last night I pondered out loud what really is a canker sore. Is it like a blister with something inside it? Is it swollen muscle or taste buds on my tongue? Then I realized I got it from biting my tongue twice in a row while chewing gum, talking, and speed walking with my neighbor. Feeling defeated that I can't multitask I decided to google my answer in the morning. After not finding any satisfaction in those thoughts, I wanted to play “favorites at this moment” game. (I say favorites at this moment because my favorites can change at anytime and then I don't feel trapped into defining myself.) Applauses for Dave for playing along. I asked him what his favorite lighting fixture was. He likes the flexible OLED panels that can be a whole wall and make pictures.



He then asked me what my favorite physics theory was. I pretended to know more than 2 and said kinetic energy, because I like that everything has potential energy even if we can’t see it. Then I asked him what his favorite sound was? He said he likes the clicking sounds a camera makes. I asked why? He said because it captures a moment in time. So here are some moments in time we have captured these last few weeks we haven’t blogged. Imagine the clicking sound with each one.

It's in the 60's and sunny today. Autumn is going into it's 3rd month. I love that about Michigan!These pictures are taken in my neighborhood.




I went to an Aveda Hair School Salon. I'll never do that agian because it didn't save me any money and it took 13 hours. Let me repeat: 13 hours for this haircut and highlights! I was inspired to cut it after my friend Renee and somehow it's still not as cute as hers but, I managed to leave the school without a hat on the second day. Sorry these were taken with a phone camera.


Now moments of Detroit I stole from Jana when she came out to visit.


Okay these photo moments are from today when I took the dog on a walk...and then came home to a surprise!
Energy for the walk: bowl of pomegranate fruit







My surprise was a package of canned yummy goods from my mother in law. I've already opened one of the jams. I never did figure out what is a canker sore? I guess I always have tonight.

11 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....jam! A cancer sore is a small ulcer (aphthous ulcer). Not really sure what causes or predisposes people to them, but stress, injury, allergies, low iron, vitamin b12, zinc levels, and having them before make it more likely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos and the favorites and the jams - YUM! I do the same thing to Jake and make a compromise that I won't be angry if he accidentally falls asleep. :) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I made a blurb on your blog! When you told me that it inspired you to cut your hair, I thought you were just being nice. But it is darling! I love it. I always cut my hair short because I hate getting it cut (and I thought 2 hours was a long time!) But it is darling darling darling! I think cutting hair is very theraputic. And your photos are gorgeous! So much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful I really like your hair. 13 hours wow :) I love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures, it is so beautiful there. We've had a week of Indian summer weather, it's so nice. I really like your hair, short is cute on you. I'm glad you got the package, we can't wait to see you guys next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaylene. You are hilarious and brilliant. I love what you write and your "faves game". I love your neighborhood and all of your delicious pictures. Your hair is adorable but 13 hours? How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post more than anything I have read over the past 6 months online throughout the many blogs I follow, Facebook, or Orkut. Thanks for sharing. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful girl and I love the pictures... you are wonderful...Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michigan is sure beautiful in the fall.
    Your hair cut and high lights look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog, yay! (I'm new to the blogging world.) This is fun to catch up on your life! Your autumn pics are beautiful. I vote you move to hawaii!

    ReplyDelete