Tricities, Washington

I left it as that since we don't know if we will end up in Richland, Pasco, or Kennewick.
I will start working July 15th in the ED at Kadlec Medical Center in Richland. I'm super excited and of all the places I interviewed it was the place I wanted to work; so needless to say we were both exteremly happy when they offered me a position. It was a really tough job market in Washington for ED docs this year. I think I only saw 12 open positions for the entire state, so it's a big relief to have found something I love.
I will start working July 15th in the ED at Kadlec Medical Center in Richland. I'm super excited and of all the places I interviewed it was the place I wanted to work; so needless to say we were both exteremly happy when they offered me a position. It was a really tough job market in Washington for ED docs this year. I think I only saw 12 open positions for the entire state, so it's a big relief to have found something I love.The Tricities met our criteria of sunny and dry for Gaylene, seasons for me, and lots of outdoor stuff for both of us. It's a short drive to the Cascade or Wallowa mountains for skiing, camping, and hiking. The Columbia, Snake, and Yakima rivers all come together there so we'll have plenty of water for kayaking. A quick 3 hour drive to Seattle or Portland for "big city" stuff and 2 hours to Spokane for cheap flights to see family.
The hospital is amazing. It has a newely rennovated and continuously expanding ED. A very progressive mindset with lots of new technology to play with. Great docs to work with who all seemed to love the hospital, group, and practicing there. I'm actually replacing a doc that worked there for 27 years...got to meet him and he had nothing but positive things to say about the direction the department is headed. I can't imagine a much more ideal place to start my career (and who knows...maybe finish it as well).
We hope that you all feel as blessed this holiday season as we do!
Merry Christmas, we are super excited to have you closer and even more excited that you got a job that you are excited about. It will be fun to see all the exciting new things coming your way this new year.
ReplyDeleteLove ya both,
mom
Congrats you guys!!! What an awesome place to get to go!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! What a great Christmas present to get a job! And you'll love love love it in the tricities area. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous news!You will be much closer to us. We are happy for you and for us.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Peg
Yeah Dave on getting such a fabulous job in the beautiful state of Washington! I love you! Thank you! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteGaylene! I thought I already posted this one, but let me just say that even though I'm sad you guys didn't pick Portland, I'm so happy that you'll be closer. Please, please, please, come visit us!
ReplyDeleteYay...how exciting. I envy your location. Good luck settling in and house hunting keep us updated. Love you guys.
ReplyDelete