In November
the comforting feel
of soft, warm flannel
subdued burgundies,
browns and blues
were soothing
to my fingers.
But now this fabric
becomes a burden
weighing me down.
Somber colors
fade too easily
into cold tenebrous fog
of endless winter.
I yearn to delight
in the smooth texture
of polished cotton
and those gay bright
colors of spring that
leap onto the pallet
of my creations.
- Anne Johnson
I changed my sheets this week, from the red flannel to the ever so soft white cotton ones. Dave opened all the windows to let fresh air blow out our winter accumulation. Now I would like to refresh this page too.
I have not forgotten this blog, in fact I am quite impressed with the fact we have blogged 24 times in the last year since we have started this cyberspace sharing of our lives. I could say our lives have been busy or maybe just too boring to blog about but mostly I’m sure it’s just I procrastinate. Actually, I take it back…it’s boring. I’m having trouble finding ways to spice up our doings for the last 2 months. So bare with me.
Dave has started moonlighting so the little time I had with him is even smaller, but I did get to spend all of Christmas day with him for the first time in the last 3 years. Here are some festive pictures for you.
We went out on a date that I cutely named “toastin’ and roastin’”. After I had worked the morning we ate at a quaint little place called Toast. Then we went to the Detroit Auto Show (I feel I have come full circle in this blogging world since I wrote about the auto show last year too.) I still like my x5 diesel and now I will add to it the Audi Q7 as well. One of the coolest cars I saw was an SSI Racing’s electric kit-car. It looks like a Shelby Daytona and goes 0- 60 mph in less than 4 seconds. (The guy that built this one said his reached 60mph in 2.5 seconds. This 2.S.S.I.C. 65 Coupe is the world's fastest extreme street electric vehicle. Green and cool. I mean if it comes in a kit and the instructions are in English, why maybe I could build one too?
We ended the night walking downtown to dinner at Roast, a Michael Symon’s restaurant. I tried beef tartare for the first time and it was good, but that’ll probably be my last. I’ll end that adventure on a high note. The rest of all the food was fabulous too. Other than this grand date then January only offered too much waiting around and now this lovely springish pillow is calling my name.
Good night and I will update February on the next blog.


Great thoughts and made me appreciate the "spring" that is out there right now!
ReplyDeleteI also appreciate your comments on my blog. Thank you so much! I heard through the grapevine about your big move...CONGRATS!! I envy you so much.
We need to all get together soon, maybe we'll get something planned for Cinco de Mayo!
"Winter uses all the blues there are.
ReplyDeleteOne shade of blue for water, one for ice,
Another blue for shadows over snow.
The clear or cloudy sky uses blue twice-
Both different blues."
- Robert Francis