Friday, June 18, 2010

Kool and the Gang are in da House!


Celebrate Good Times, Come On!
Celebrate Good Times, Come On!
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you.

We have so much to celebrate in our home. This picture is some of the graduating residents in Dave's class. His eyes are looking over at me, checking me out, hehe. Last night the Detroit Medical Center held a dinner honoring the graduates. After so much hard work the end is in sight for Dave. He'd probably feel more like celebrating if it weren't for the fact he still has another 54 hours of work before I put him to work packing up our place. It was such a fun night, 2 of my cousins were in town and came to the dinner as well as our good friend Val. We were all prepared to be the loudest cheering section but we didn't have to, Dave is so loved. I think he received the loudest hollars from everyone. In fact he's so loved the nursing staff voted him Resident of the Year! Way to go Dave, I love you!
Now to brag a little about myself. This is a big feat...for the last 5 months I've been able to multitask. I say this because I honestly can't talk and walk in a straight line at the same time. Check out the picture below to see how I'm doing it.



 
Oh yes! There's two...and we are celebrating! I could go on about how I'm twice as sick, twice as tired, twice as scared, and I'm going to be twice as big but really we are twice as excited!!!
So there will be a party going on for some years to come!


23 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!! More boys! That is fantastic! I cannot wait to meet them, and your belly is gorgeous. I am also so proud of Dave! I don't mean that to sound condescending - I just want to brag to everyone about what a smart, fantastic brother-in-law I have! I am so excited for this next journey in your lives!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahooo, we are more than excited about all of your wonderful news.
    We love you all!!!

    Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely thrilled for you guys!!!!! Being pregnant with twins is such an amazing experience! Enjoy it! Way to go guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY YAY YAY! So much wonderful news. Twins, how perfect and Dave what an honor to be resident of the year. Oh I am so happy! I miss and love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! We are so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so, so, so excited for you! Double congratulations! You will have so much fun with those baby boys. I love my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DoUbLe CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! Can't WAIT to meet my two newest nephews!!! Lots of love! Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahoooo! I'm so excited for you guys! Wow, twins! That is so unbelievable and wonderful and amazing. Fabulous.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Dave!
    And OH MY GOSH! I didn't know you were pregnant! Twins?! It's wonderful news CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH!!!!!!!!!
    P.S: You have a beautiful belly. A belly full of double love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! Twins. I'm so excited for you. What great news. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Double boys!!! Wahoo!! So happy to hear.
    Huge congrats to Dave on finishing and being Res of the Year. So excited for everything for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! How awesome. Two boys! They are definitely lucky boys to have you two as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know you were having boys!!!! What great news. Thank you for being such a thoughtful friend. I'm glad we will at least be in the same state.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! We are so happy for both of you!
    Wonderful things happen to wonderful people :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so freakin' excited for you two! Gaylene, how very very wonderful. I wish the best for you and your boys. How in the world did you manage such a secret? I understand about the multitasking--pregnancy + anything else = anything else not getting done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gaylene! Yay!!! That is so exciting!! Seriously, I was just thinking about how great it is to have kids kind of close together because they are such good playmates. So twins? Seriously, how wonderful for them and for you guys. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I am so excited for you! I want twins it would be hard but it is the best thing in the world to be a twin your boys will be best friends. Good luck with everything i can't wait to see them. i love you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow......I am double double excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Congrats on the twins! Mine are six now and it's been a blast! I'm glad I found your blog! You are so artsy and creative and cool and awesome. Que Dios te bendiga! If you have any questions about twins ask me!

    ReplyDelete