So we've made it to the last round! Things have been so smooth and I owe many thanks for the prayers, love and support given! I have been getting an ultrasound about every 2 weeks and I keep hearing how everything looks good and that the circumstances couldn't be better for twins (ie. 2 separate placentas quite far apart, great heart beats, sizes fairly similar, heads are down, and cervix is long and sewn shut). So I am grateful for the twins' progress but let's talk about me.
I always heard when you are pregnant you get to a point where you can't see your feet. I wish that were true because I stare at them all day. They have become Fred Flinstone feet and the first time Dave poked at them and the dimple stayed I freaked. No amount of time with them up gives me back the only petite thing I had left. I'd stare at my hands but I have my first and I think, the most stubborn wart ever on my finger. That just adds to the list of changes/loss of my former self due to pregnancy.
Things the "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" book didn't tell me:
1. Park my car where no other car can park next to the driver's side. It's no fun to crawl over the passenger seat to get in and drive.
2. I may need to rig a pulley system to help myself turn at night and get out of bed. I would grasp at Dave's sleeping body to help but there's a mound of cushion between us. Right now I use gravity to slide out of bed.
3. No amount of pillows, cushy blankets, or even a tempurpedic bed will allow my body to lay on it's side for more than 6 hours (and that is with getting up every 2 hrs to pee).
4. I will develop a tolerance to tums and then to rolaids, so I just need build a tolerance to the acidic flavor in my mouth.
5. I won't be able to eat a full meal. There just ain't room.
6. I'd get tired of answering "when are you due?" to strangers...actually the book may have warned me about that one.
7. How I often long to wear a large sheet and nothing else. Maternity clothes need to go back in time to a good old fashioned muumuus.
8. I need to be a contortionist to get on socks, which I wouldn't even try if I didn't have Fred Flinstone feet. By the way compression socks aren't easy to get on even without a huge belly in the way. I need a sock buddy.
9. I shouldn't paint the baby room by myself at night because come the morning light I'll end up making my husband redo the whole thing.
10. Now this last one my sister at least forewarned me and I feel obligated to warn others because the last thing I want to feel is alone in my awkwardness. This may be TMI for some: I've developed a new yoga move with feminine wipes to reach my back side.
We have a max of 9 weeks left! One blessing that comes with having a planned c-section is knowing there won't be any anxious waiting game. Having the twins at 37weeks (as long as all continues to go smooth) works well for me. 9 weeks isn't too soon and yet not as unfathomable as 3 months sounds. Here's a picture of my growing belly. It may be the last one in this maternity shirt because it's stretched to the max just to cover me. So my sequence of pictures may not be exact after this but I promise the obviousness of growth will be there.









You went camping that much pregnant? Crazy! Also, don't pick out paint colors when it's really cloudy. You will wish you could change your mind when it's sunny, but you won't repaint as your husband will be crazy busy and it's the big family room! Good luck with your last nine weeks of pregnancy! A scheduled c-section does have it's advantages! Mine came at 34 1/2 weeks and had twin to twin since their placentas were fused! Glad to know yours are all a-okay! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to read about your journey. I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI laughed hard at this post. How mean of me to laugh at your distress. I love you guys and I'm glad everything looks so great. Hang in there sister! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun reading your post!
ReplyDeleteI like you and I'm so glad all is going well. You make me laugh about pregnancy. I can only imagine you trying to manueuver your way to the passenger side door. haha
ReplyDeleteWhy are you so funny? You crack me up Gaylene. We are so excited to welcome the baby boys!
ReplyDeleteLove you
Gaylene, this whole post is such a riot! I love "let's talk about me." That's how I felt during my pregnancy. And come to think of it, that's still how I feel. (Babies, kids, whatev. How am I doing?)
ReplyDeleteAlso, ditto on the wart. I got one on my finger during my pregnancy with Henry. And I'm sorry to tell you that it has come back like 10 times since then. It just won't leave. Yet another special remnant of having kids.
I also had Fred Flinstone feet, though I called them "graham cracker feet." Rectangles.
And yes, for SURE on the mumus! I thought I'd love cute maternity clothes - all form fitting, etc. NO. I couldn't stand the feel of everything squeezing me by the end. You just feel like you can't breathe. Definitely just need a big sheet.
You are super cute with your belly. Can't wait to meet your boys. And yes I will take pictures for you, let's arrange. Oh, and totally with you on the stroller thing. I spent WAY too many hours researching and buying our first stroller. But I don't regret it. That stroller has been awesome! Which one did you choose?
(And about that blog, just wanted to say that it would have been good for me to expect a little less from the newborn parenting experience - I probably would have enjoyed it more. I was shocked at how hard it was. I still am.)
What a riot, it made me remember my pregnancies and that was a long time ago. I love reading your posts, they always make me happy. I'm so glad Dave gave us such a great daughter in law:)
ReplyDeleteLove the progress report picture. Your belly is beautiful, but I'm with you-I hate 'end of pregnancy' feet. I kept loosening my laces and loosening them, and loosening them... And then their were the church shoes- impossible!
ReplyDeleteAmen to that! The twins look good on you I can't wait until they are here! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeletetoo funny! I am so glad all is well and I can't wait to see the babies. I would be your sock buddy :) luv you
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting pictures of yourself Gaylene. You are so beautiful! I can't believe how good you look. I'm so excited for those boys!
ReplyDeletehi Gaylene, wow! i've been out of touch...congratulations! i am soooo happy for you and dave...and you are going to have twins!!...what a blessing! you guys take care and will wait and watch for the day!
ReplyDeletelove,
cherry
You are too cute. You make me laugh! Your baby bump is adorable. We miss you! On a side note, I just got released from YW on Sunday :( They have me serving as primary pres now, so sad, but I'm sure I'll learn to love it.
ReplyDeleteGaylene,
ReplyDeleteI just snuck into your blog and had to giggle with this post. You know I have twins, right? Oh the memories! Good luck my friend. Your sense of humor will get you through so much the first year...or two...or four! :)
(Hermana)Heather (Glauser)Avena