“Welcome to the club”, said quite matter of factly by the high school football coach, Mr. Booth, my neighbor. We were strolling along in the boys’ sweet new wheels. I love this stroller. The tale of getting the stroller isn’t over yet, so that rant will be shared at another opportunity. I say opportunity, because that is all I have, not time but unscheduled opportune moments.
Back to the club, my neighbor, who also has twins, was referring to parenthood. The initiation includes but not limited to: functioning on 4 hours of sleep and that's not even consecutive hours, doing daily tasks one handed (and sometimes with my feet), and singing every song you know. Even if you don't know all the words you ad lib. I have a great rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, who knew that would help them go to sleep?
It’s true, it’s like I have been morphed into a new world. My life is changed completely, forever. I realize this in small moments because lately I quantify life in 2 hour increments sometimes in weeks or months, but not years! It’s funny how I long to do mundane things like organize my cupboards and how things like returning items to the store are fun because it gets me out of the house.
It’s true, it’s like I have been morphed into a new world. My life is changed completely, forever. I realize this in small moments because lately I quantify life in 2 hour increments sometimes in weeks or months, but not years! It’s funny how I long to do mundane things like organize my cupboards and how things like returning items to the store are fun because it gets me out of the house.
Well since this is my 4th moment in writing this blog and I have 2 boys on my lap it’s going to be kept short but full of pictures from January and February and yes lots just for the grandmas. All are unedited full of red eyes because who has time for that? The boys four month check up is tomorrow so I’ll put their facts at the end.
You know what? I have about 50 pictures I want to share and I find blogger and uploading pictures to be quite a time consuming task so I think I'll just have you click on the link below to my flickr account instead.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
(the album is backwards and it's past my bedtime, just click on the pics to make them bigger)
Growth Updates:
Birth Wt/Ht 2 Months 4 Month
Owen 6'8 / 18 11'5 / 22.8 14'5 / 24.5
Miles 5'8 / 17.25 8'2 / 20 13'3 / 23.25
I loved the photos so much! I love their facial expressions-the smiles and the sad faces. I love them in the bath and with their leggings and new hats. I cannot wait to see them!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you updated, I have been checking your blog everyday since I cancelled Facebook. They are adorable and I am so excited to see them!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful boys you have. And what a wonderful mom & dad they have. We can't wait to see you all.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Awesome growth, you must have excellent milk:)
ReplyDeleteThey are sooo cute! I love all of the pictures. Hope you guys are doing well, we miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou are my favorite little new family. Gaylene, you're doing so awesome. Forty times better than the average mom of multiples, for sure. I can't wait until you are here and I can cuddle everyone.
ReplyDeleteI love their pics. Are you guys still planning on coming this month....never heard anymore about it?
ReplyDeleteWhenever you do come, I can't wait to see the boys, and you guys:)
Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful boys! They look a lot like Dad to me- does everyone say that?
ReplyDeleteThese days I am cloth diapering with anything and everything because I didn't have the $ to spend on anything new. For active older babies I really like my Happy Heinys pocket diapers- I would recommend any kind of pocket diaper for this age, but my experience is with H.H. I LOVE the thick tabs as opposed to a Bum Genius or other pocket/all-in-one diaper. The only downside is the microfiber stuffing gets some stink issues over time, so if perhaps you can find an organic or non-synthetic fiber that would be better. Bastian is a SUPER heavy wetter and I always hear good things about wool, but as much as I have played around with it I still can't figure it out...what do you use now? I am also still using some prefolds with Bastian, and I still love many of my one-size fitted diapers with a Thirsties cover. Okay, maybe you should email a response so we don't bore our readers too much! Wish we were closer, are we the only cloth diaper mamas in the family?!
Love,
Jessica
Your boys are so healthy and so beautiful! I love this post - so true about mundane errands and your life just changing forever... It's so crazy and so great at the same time. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures Mommy! thanks for sharing. I think Miles got your eyes! They are both adorable!
ReplyDelete