Just saying I have 7 month old twins sounds crazy to me. Wow, the time is flying. This is one of my favorite ages for babies. It's heavenly just to be able to set them down and let them sit, play and roll .
When we found out we were having twins one of Dave's biggest worries was that they'd be identical. He'd have bad dreams about not being able to tell who was who. I knew they were different. I actually worried they'd be so different they wouldn't get along. Well they are about as different as brothers can be and get along as well as any 7 month-old I guess. It's hard not to compare the two since they are growing up together and they are the first kids we've ever raised so nurture vs nature becomes even more evident. Their differences just make them a fantastic duo.
Miles
1. My little monkey is a curious George, always looking around. He kinda clings to me the way I imagine a monkey would.
2. He also loves the wind like me and just being outdoors. He's very tactile loving different textures.
3. He moves a lot. Not just in rolling around but his arms and legs frantically fly. Dave calls it being "flappy". A mix of flapping and happy. This is why he can't catch up in weight with his brother even though he eats twice as much.
4. He is already trying to assert his independence.
5. He is opinionated and loves to tell you his opinions. He'll blow raspberries when he is bored, he'll make a snit face and breath loudly out his nose when he doesn't get something he wants, he does a fake cough to get attention, he'll yelp and do sing song like noises to keep us from putting him to bed because he knows he's cute. He keeps us laughing.
6. When he wants something he doesn't give up. He is very assertive.
7. He has the most amazing eyes ever. They turn so blue when he is happy. Every picture we take of him looks so different. The one below in the stripe shirt almost doesn't even look like him to me.
Owen
1. We call him mellow but really it's just in comparison to Miles. What he is? More content, easily appeased. He'll work to get a toy but if he doesn't get what he wants he's fine with something else.
2. He's affectionate. Loves to hug and give open mouth kisses. He grabs our faces to bring them close to his. He'll snuggle on our shoulders.
3. He loves to laugh. We could be tickling Miles and if O is nearby he'll laugh with glee just the same. Once his pediatrician was checking out his legs and he started laughing, thinking it was a game.
4. He loves when books are read to him. He seems to follow along left to right too.
5. He is a people person. He has always enjoyed looking at faces and playing with people.
6. Although both boys dig their dad and smile at his entrance, Owen is certainly Dave's number one fan I think since birth. An immediate glow comes to Owen when he's around his dad.
7. He so easily smiles and his smile is awesome!
*I chose some new pictures without his fabulous smile but feel free to peruse past photos. Food has been the new fun thing here. O likes hummus and tofu and both boys love, love frozen blueberries. I put them in a mesh teether thing and they go wild for them. It's messy. Now to get them to love quinoa, hmm.
They are already so active. It makes me a bit worried for when they start to walk, they'll be a running everywhere and getting into everything. They are playing more and talking more to each other. It's cute when they roll after one another. They are flirts and love compliments. If they are fussing at a store I just slowly walk near people, because everyone loves to see twins, and someone is bound to say hi and immediately they are smiling. I'm excited to show them off to family this summer even if it'll mess up their almost existent sleep schedule.


Oh my goodness, they are growing up so fast, they look so big and smart and adorable, I can't wait to see them. It was really fun to read your post, we kind of feel like we know them better now. They are beautiful, we love you all so much.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet them!!
ReplyDeletesoon, your house will never be the same...secure your belongings!
ReplyDeleteby the way, it's a good club to join....
They look so cute and grown up. I can't believe how red Owen hair looks in the picture with the apple. I can't wait to see them!
ReplyDeleteLove the Run DMC t-shirt. Classic! Your description of the boys reminds me so much of my friends fraternal twin boys who just turned two.
ReplyDeleteThey are so adorable! And getting so big! It goes by too fast. I can't believe our boys are seven months old already. We can't wait to see you in June! Maybe you can introduce Samuel to humus and tofu. :)
ReplyDeleteWe also can not wait for the summer reunion next month!!! We get to enjoy them and YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I can't believe they are 7 already. It goes way to fast, especially when they live far away and you don't get to see them grow slowly day by day. I love their different personalities at this stage.
ReplyDeleteOh soooo cute! I think Miles got your eyes and Owen got Dave's eyes!! Overall=they are cutie pies!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, they are so cute! Owen! I gasped and covered my mouth when I got to his picture, he's edible! So, so darling!
ReplyDeleteI love what you wrote and think it's just amazing that so many personality traits are evident so early on. It's fun to see how those things manifest themselves later on, so it's great to write them down.
I'm excited to see you guys next week!
We are loving your updates and all the photos of your adorable duo! SO SO SO CUTE!! Guaranteed to make me smile every single time. Wonderful job you guys! Best wishes from our little family to yours!
ReplyDelete