Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Time



During the month of June the boys took their first airplane ride! We went to a Swensen reunion in Parowan Utah. We were able to stay at a condo in Brian Head through connections the Field's have. It was so much fun showing off the boys to my cousins as well as their cousins. We also stayed with Dave's family driving down to Southern Utah from Salt Lake and back. On Sunday evening Becky threw an amazing dinner party (as only she can do) with extended family on both sides of the family! Having kids really makes me miss being closer to family.

During July we had Tasha and her two kids stay with us for a week.  Then we all traveled to the Oregon coast where we met up with almost all the rest of my family.  It was so much fun hanging out on the beach. We were glad we were able to take the boy's kanoes...it made for better sleeping at night for us. The following week we went to Arlington Washington for a huge (150+ people) Dickson reunion. That is my mom's side of the family. In between the two trips we came home for laundry and Jana and her kids came too. Dave had to come back after a day for work and I stayed a few more. It was amazing to see so much family.
 I feel truly blessed to have such amazing cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and in laws!! Jana followed me back and Sol entertained my boys. A few days after all these trips and visitors I found a wrist band left by my nephew. I missed having family come especially my niece and nephews running around. So who's coming next? We've got a spare room or two.

Enjoy the pictures...we thought we'd try picasa and see if we like it. You can click on them to make it larger and see comments. Some pictures were taken with our cell phones so they are a bit more blurry and I stole some from Jana, thanks. We also bought a new video camera and will try posting some of those soon. And I was serious on my invitation!

6 comments:

  1. Um...it might just be my computer, but I don't see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it was worth the wait, so darling, I just want to hold and snuggle them. Thanks for putting the pictures up, we love to just look at them over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy summer you have had. You've done more with 2 babies in tow than we have done in the last 10 years:) We love reading your blog and looking at all the cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that slideshow, good idea. And you have some beautiful pictures in there. It was so fun to see you, I wish it could have been longer. But next time we go to oregon we will surely stop! I need to get that pizza recipe from you too.

    ReplyDelete