Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where is Winter? Here I am!

At the beginning of January we had temps in the 50's. I took the boys on bike rides and in the stroller. I'm still unsure what to expect from the weather here because I always here "This is not the norm." No matter if it's cold, hot, rainy or dry. Although high winds are quite the norm. Well I was ready to take full advantage of all this good weather and return the boys snow suits until today.

The snow came down last night  and continued most the morning. I am always excited by the first snow storm! I couldn't wait to get outside. The boys picked out their own hats to wear and Miles ended wanting to wear his all day. We pulled the boys in an inflatable sled and shoveled. I actually like shoveling. Dave made hot cakes for breakfast and we had soup for dinner. Of course I had a hot chocolate after the snow adventure. We also read "The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats at least 3 times.

The snow didn't seem to phase Miles at all. It slowed down his walking around but other than that he seemed to be as happy to be outside as always. Owen hadn't been feeling well and I think one face plant in the snow pretty much made him want to end any more contact with it. He did like playing in the shoveled off area though.

So tonight I will snuggle into bed and be all cozy, because winter is finally here! (Hope it only wants to stay a week)

4 comments:

  1. What is a perfect sled for kids. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you write! We were glad to send the snow on to you and so glad you are enjoying it so much. I,ve decided that is enough however! I say we are done for the winter. ( I hope, I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That inflatable sled is fantastic! Much nicer to pull than our lame plastic dish. Love all those pictures - the boys are to die for cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aawwww, so cute! Wish you guys were closer. I want to call you and talk to you about your weaning experience. I want to wean Theron, but it hasn't happened yet. Anywho, looks like a great year you had :)

    ReplyDelete