With so many toys and so much space how is it that kids always are drawn to the "no no" items and areas? Well my springtime hounding around my garden payed me back with unexpected joy. No, I didn't have a copious garden but just enough for my boys to enjoy it quite regularly. It made me giddy to have the boys follow and copy me; putting on gardening gloves too large and on the wrong hands, holding their shovels trying to dig at the dirt. The first things we picked were peas. I was amazed that my boys sat for nearly 20 minutes (just that alone was cool) picking peas out of their pods I had opened for them. If nothing else had grown from that garden, all the work we had put into it was worth that moment! They soon discovered tomatoes and strawberries as favorites. It was hard for them to only pick the "red" ones. I think they'll have it down next year and maybe by then they won't be digging up all my seedlings too.
All the backyard fun lead us to do some landscaping. I'll post about that later. Now a few pictures from my favorite summer holiday.
Very cute! You are such a great mom to garden with your boys. They are learning so many good things.
ReplyDeleteI love that you have a garden and let the boys help. They are getting so grown up. Darling pictures.
ReplyDelete