I like California rolls alright, they are how I eased myself into loving sushi…Dave always has been a lover of sushi. We just haven’t had good luck in finding delightful sushi here in Detroit. We’ve been spoiled by NYC and so many other places too. We tried one time making it ourselves; had a bamboo mat, large nori sheets, and rice vinegar to help make the rice stickier. It was hard to get sticky rice and we had some very large hand rolls in the end.Well once again I wanted to try it, but this time I had found a kit with pre-made sticky rice and small sheets of nori. I heated the rice in the microwave for 2 min and had brown and white rice perfectly sticky. The sheets were just the right size to roll and take a bite or two. So I got creative with what to put in them. My favorites were the brown rice with celery/pb combo, and also a red pepper/avocado combo. I’d roll one and bite and give half to Dave (who was searing a parmesan crusted steak for himself, since a few veggie rolls weren’t enough; perfect for me since I can only eat small meals before I start to hurt, literally).
I continued this act with much delight; place the goodies in, roll, bite, and share. Just before going to bed I noticed that from my temples to about the middle of my cheeks were purplish red and I had a line of large almost mosquito looking bumps running down my cheek bone. I was having an allergic reaction to the avocado I believe. From D.P.'s advice, I took 2 benadryl, went to bed, and had the best sleep I’ve had in 2 months. I didn’t ever wake to pee and wasn’t tossing from one side to the next; although I completely hogged most of the bed and could not be moved according to Dave.
Slowly all my favorite fruits are being taken away from me. I’ve never been able to eat kiwi, I lost my battle with peaches, nectarines, and apricots a few years ago and now avocados!! I might die if tomatos are taken away too. I may try avocados again after the baby is born. For now I have enough uncomfortable physical changes going on without purposely dowsing myself in another.
No comments:
Post a Comment