So a few months back we decided to to do the Detroit thing and hit the auto show. I'm almost afraid to write about it because it'll become obvious how little I know about cars, but the whole event was fun! For me finding a good car is all about fit, how I fit in the driver's seat. Of all the sedans I liked the subaru legacy concept the best. Sporty and just my size. I became like goldilocks trying out cars...Ford Flex too Big, Lexus RX 450 too small...in fact alot of new SUV cross overs have too small of windows in the back. Sure side mirrors will help but when I'm in a car I want to see the world!! Toyota 4runners are just right! I already knew this and loved that the new ones (mine was from 1985 with lots of Alaskan road rash on it) have mirros in the back so you can spot your kids more easily.
The absolute winner of the day for me, my new dream family car....BMW x5 diesel!!!! What can I say, my butt likes nice things! Honestly I loved sitting in it and imagining myself driving it, I loved the smell of it and I loved playing with the backdoor, it was automatic, I kept opening and closing it.

One other funny thing from the show..we had recently found out I was pregnant and it was becoming obvious to Dave. I turned around and saw this couple in there late 50's in a convertible mini cooper and instantly thought of Dave and I at their age touring Europe in it and began to bawl. No there weren't silent tears and sniffles I was chocked up, gasping for air, crying with big tears! Dave looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and pointed at the couple. He wasn't sure what to make of my scene and put his arm around me and off we were to look at a Lotus Elise to get my mind off of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment